Saturday, July 8, 2017

K-5 Learn to Code Curriculum....Something Awesome From Wonder Workshop!

After the ISTE Conference, I always love finding articles, tweets and sharing over the things others learned and shared.

Tonight I came across an article on Education Dive that did just that!
In the article Keep An Eye On These 7 Notable Ed Tech Tools From ISTE 2017, game-based learning platforms, STEM robots and more were shared.

I can't wait to dig into each one of these even more this summer.

However, one that I have been hearing a lot about lately are the new things from Wonder Workshop so let's take a closer look at this one first.
Wonder Workshop, the company behind the now famous Dot and Dash, just announced new teacher resources including the K-5 Learn to Code Curriculum.  I am so excited about this!  
The K-5 Learn to Code Curriculum is aligned with the ISTE Student Standards, Common Core and the Computer Science Fundamentals from code.org. The curriculum will help students learn the fundamental coding concepts in a fun, hands-on way.  
The six core concepts are taught through 72 coding projects.  I can't wait to use the Learn To Code Challenge Cards with students!  They look like so much fun.  

I am definitely adding the Wonder Workshop K-5 Learn to Code Curriculum to my tool box for coding.  

You can check it out here.  
And make sure you Join the Wonder League Community too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment