Monday, April 24, 2017

Ideas For Those Old VHS Tapes You Have Hanging Around The Library, School and Home!

Today, a tweet from Martha Bongiorno @Mrs_Bongi caught my attention.

There were two tweets from the library showing....
her students building with VHS tapes in their Makerspace.  
It reminded me of when we used VHS tapes and created ribbons and bows for packages for our Digital Learning Day celebration.  
You can read all about this day, and what we created, here in this post from my blog
Martha created a VHS Tape Challenge for her students and they were asked how high they could build a tower and domino maze from the VHS tapes given to them.  

What a great idea!  

I love how she tied in so much STEAM with this Makerspace activity using recycled technology from their library.  And you can see that the students loved it too. 
 Martha included the directions and was excited to share it with all of us to use too.
I started a Pinterest Board today... Creating & Projects With Recycled VHS Tapes can be found here.

Please feel free to collaborate with me if you'd like....or send any ideas my way and I will add them to the Pinterest Board.

Thank you Martha and your students for the inspiration in getting this fun conversation started.  

We all have VHS tapes laying around.  Now we will be inspired to do something with them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment